Welcome

Welcome to the blog about personalizing social learning by using games and Web 2.0 tools.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

PE5_Google Spreedsheet

Part 2 of the Google doc experiment.

I wanted to accomplish the certification for Google Docs through Lynda.com. However, I am half way through and BORED out of my mind. I have made it through the documents videos. I am now starting the spreadsheets videos.

Through my previous jobs and education, I have become pretty proficient in the Microsoft Office products. So these basic videos on Google Docs and Google Spreadsheets are pretty dang repetitive. At first, I was REALLY disappointed in the fact that these videos didn't teach me a whole lot of new information. BUT then I realized that my learning curve will be substantially small due to my previous knowledge of similar software.

Therefore, I have a new thought...I'll keep watching the videos and keep gleaming nuggets of information from these videos. Because I KNOW that I will be learning a lot when the videos start talking about forms. These are one area that I never worked with (outside of class) so therefore I did not retain the information.

My classroom will be able to benefit from these docs online. It'll save time from emailing assignments.

Here is a sample grade sheet.

So stay tuned for more blog posts on my Google Docs Experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment