Welcome

Welcome to the blog about personalizing social learning by using games and Web 2.0 tools.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

BP7_OMM_Busuu




Busuu...The tool for your school


To view full size video click here.

Here is my commercial for Busuu.com. I found the "free" option is quite limited. If I were to actually present this to the administration, I would also pay for the upgraded option and do another short video to show the difference. The goal would be for administration to pay for the memberships for students rather than leaving them with the free. Either way, adding this to the curriculum would be a great asset to the students learning a foreign language. 

3 comments:

  1. Jenney,
    The video looked so pro -- great edits and soundtrack -- but I couldn't figure how to watch it in a larger size, and I wanted to!

    I work closely with our ELL director so please let me know if Busuu is a worthwhile investment. (Though our budgets have been slashed, sometimes funding magically appears.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. skocko, I added a link to Viddler. Hope that helps. I tried to figure out how to embed the video, but didn't get it accomplished. I'll work on it though.

    Thanks for the thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenney,

    Thank you for sharing the highlighted features of Busuu. This application has a lot of attractive features; I imagine it was difficult to narrow it down.

    Personally, I love two major things about this tool…it was conceived in Spain and it can be used on the iPhone! For my CBR, I am trying to find new ways to use mobile devices in language learning to help encourage students to apply their lesson in daily situations. I am can’t wait to try this out. The most exciting part about this tool is the social appeal and opportunity for networking with other students who are learning a second or foreign language on the move.

    I came across this great review about Busuu, which you can read at:

    http://www.appappeal.com/app/busuu/

    Until next time, every good wish.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete