Welcome

Welcome to the blog about personalizing social learning by using games and Web 2.0 tools.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

BP2_Schoology

Schoology: I am awaiting confirmation or verification, so I am not able to use the Trial Run course. However, in the limited options I do have, I will start using this right away. Currently we are using WebCT which is also a CMS, I believe. There are a lot of bugs and it is cumbersome and daunting. Some students can't get on, some can't upload, and it is just terrible. With this, I see a lot of possibilities. I can't wait to further explore.

Busuu: This site looks amazing. I will be able to start using this as well as a couple other sites to help my students learn. This site reminds me of a very popular and very expensive program that is rather static and linear. This appears to be customizable. 

When I originally started this process, I was under the impression that I needed to create some of these games/websites myself. I know that is pretty "high and mighty" of me to think that no one else thought of this before me. However it is a GREAT relief to know that there are others out there that think like I do. That there are a plethora of unique and amazing Web 2.0 tools that I can incorporate into my classroom. What a time saver!!!

A previous teacher colleague of mine stated that the biggest "rip-off teachers" are the foreign language teachers. I like to think of us not as "rip-offs" or "thieves" but as highly skilled researchers! With these tools we...I...will be able to engage and motivate my 2nd language learners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment